OMG it is soo hot here….I am lying under the fan in my little bamboo oven sweating and its 10pm…much as I have loved this free time on this paradise beach, I am ready to go back to air conditioning, running water (ok, not drinkable, but a tap and a flushing loo will be a luxury now, my standards have changed considerably) and a room which isn’t full of sand/red ants/lizards/etc…
So at dawn tomorrow I leave for Phnom Penh, time to regroup, declutter the case, de sand me and everything and get ready to meet Paul in Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday.
Today as I repeated my routine of breakfast at one end of the beach and an evening two hour walk at the other end of the beach/day I was greeted with friendly waves and cheery hallos. I shall miss the gorgeous expanse of sand, the warm waters, the shallow surf, the endless blue sky, the spectacular sunsets…
I am ready to return to civilisation though. It is impossible to do anything here but lie in the shade between noon and three and even then the heat/glare makes even reading hard. I swim with a turban and long sleeves, much to the young backpacker’s amusement! Sun cream liberally applied sweats off so quickly that despite much care I have acquired a rather red shade of brown! My feet have acquired a webbed look from spending so long in the sea, plus I am sporting a neat selection of bites from assorted creatures. And my mind, happy to shut down a few days ago, is starting up and craving stimulation…
So farewell to the beach and almost farewell to my solo travels, nearly time for Paul and Edwina’s travels-Borneo awaits!
So at dawn tomorrow I leave for Phnom Penh, time to regroup, declutter the case, de sand me and everything and get ready to meet Paul in Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday.
Today as I repeated my routine of breakfast at one end of the beach and an evening two hour walk at the other end of the beach/day I was greeted with friendly waves and cheery hallos. I shall miss the gorgeous expanse of sand, the warm waters, the shallow surf, the endless blue sky, the spectacular sunsets…
I am ready to return to civilisation though. It is impossible to do anything here but lie in the shade between noon and three and even then the heat/glare makes even reading hard. I swim with a turban and long sleeves, much to the young backpacker’s amusement! Sun cream liberally applied sweats off so quickly that despite much care I have acquired a rather red shade of brown! My feet have acquired a webbed look from spending so long in the sea, plus I am sporting a neat selection of bites from assorted creatures. And my mind, happy to shut down a few days ago, is starting up and craving stimulation…
So farewell to the beach and almost farewell to my solo travels, nearly time for Paul and Edwina’s travels-Borneo awaits!
No comments:
Post a Comment