Friday passed in a blur of Cambodian countryside viewed from the window of the Giant Ibis coach. Leaving Phnom Penh the roads immediately became rutted gravel highways shared with tractors, oxen, tuk tuks, motorbikes, chickens…so although I was in the comparative luxury of an air conditioned bus the journey itself is a slow bumpy nightmare, as always.
The seven hour journey, broken only once for lunch in the middle of nowhere (or in my case an ice coffee, food not being a good idea given the lurching motion of the transport) was enlivened by films shown high above our heads on mute screens The scenery is relentlessly similar; there are no towns just fields, rice paddies, dust clouds and the odd village, so I found myself absorbed in Street Dance, Rise of Planet of the Apes.....
The guest house here provided a welcome iced tea/banana chips/free coffee and finally a bed, which I fell into only to spent the night suffering from bus induced motion sickness.
The seven hour journey, broken only once for lunch in the middle of nowhere (or in my case an ice coffee, food not being a good idea given the lurching motion of the transport) was enlivened by films shown high above our heads on mute screens The scenery is relentlessly similar; there are no towns just fields, rice paddies, dust clouds and the odd village, so I found myself absorbed in Street Dance, Rise of Planet of the Apes.....
The guest house here provided a welcome iced tea/banana chips/free coffee and finally a bed, which I fell into only to spent the night suffering from bus induced motion sickness.
No comments:
Post a Comment